I thought I’d be time savvy and combine the two, so I hope that my nominators are cool with this. I’m being purely sensible as I haven’t had much time to sit down and write the things I want to this week due to a jam-packed schedule. I didn’t want to go too long without responding though.
The awards are One Lovely Blog Award and The Liebster Award and they both have their own rules. Since I’m combining the two, my rules are a bit of a mish mash:
- Post the award(s) on your blog
- Thank the blogger(s) who presented this award and link back to their blog
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions (the last one is via The Liebster)
First up, thank you to both Hayley Margaret of A Stitch to Scratch and Jillian of The Pink Panther Snipes Again. Both of these great blogs have come to me via the Blogging 101’s Class of September ’14 and I’m really happy about it.
Hayley is a crafty little sew-er with a healthy respect for Taylor Swift (me too) and a talent for just about anything creative it seems, while Jillian has a snarky tongue that I very much appreciate, that and her ongoing relationship with Netflix and film reviewing (read this, it’s so far up my street, you don’t even know). Check out both blogs ‘cos they’re ace.
Blogging 101 has been great for getting communication flowing between new bloggers and I love it for that. But on to the rest of this post!
I nominate the following blogs for my hybrid award, The Lovely Leibster Award:
- Not Simply Red
- Fannie Frankfurter
- What If I Fall?
- The Bohemian Within
- Shrewd Health
- Almost Erica
- Movin’ it with Michelle
- Random Daydreaming
My answers to 11 Questions from My Nominator:
- What was the last thing you borrowed from a library (or from a friend)?
My husband recently railroaded me into reading a sci-fi novel he loves, called Altered Carbon. I’ve not really into reading Sci-fi/Fantasy but this is really good. A kind of futuristic, steam-punky detective novel.
- Which ‘80s pop culture icon are you? Or, if you aren’t as addicted to online quizzes as I am, which ‘80s pop culture icon would you invite to a party?
I bloody love a Buzz Feed quiz and I’m Madonna, baby!
- Favorite book? Or, if too difficult, favorite book you’ve read recently?
I am obsessed with the Millenium Trilogy but I think my favourite book (today) is A Confederacy of Dunces. I just really love Ignatius J. Reilly.
- Cake or pie (and why)?
Cake, all day every day. Because it’s cake, why else?
- Favorite post you’ve written or are at least somewhat proud of?
I was very proud of the one I wrote about my brother.
- A Youtube video that always makes you laugh?
Well, this is my happy place. But I love this video. And this one. And this one. And… must. stop.
- One thing you love? Food
- One thing you hate? Negativity
- The best thing on TV (or Netflix, Hulu, etc.) right now is American Horror Story Freakshow.
If you don’t watch TV, favorite movie?
I love TV obvs, but my favourite film is True Romance.
If you don’t watch any of the above (as if!), how do you unwind after a long day?
Wouldn’t you like to know?! (Sit on the sofa, drinking tea).
- A song you always pump up when it plays on the radio (or on shuffle).
King of Wishful Thinking by Go West (listening to it RIGHT NOW). Also see: Under Pressure.
- This is really for my own purposes: any bad (or good) movie recommendations?
Martyrs, Prisoners, Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman, Enemy,The Vengeance Trilogy… I could go on and on and on.
My 11 Questions for my 11 Nominees:
- Why do you think Britney sings Scream & Shout in a British accent?
- Do you prefer Serious Nicholas Cage or Action Hero Nicholas Cage?
- Which Tom Hanks would you be most likely to sleep with? (This question came up in the pub last night, mine is older Hanks or You Got Mail Hanks)
- What’s your favourite conspiracy theory?
- Which of your blog posts has been your favourite, yet not very well received by your ‘public’?
- Do you care about followers and likes and reblogs, etc? If no, why not? If yes, why?
- Which three websites are your most visited on an average day?
- If you could start your own business, what would it be?
- Who’s your favourite Batman?
- Text, Facebook messenger, Whats App, snail mail, old school face-to-face; which is your favourite way to stay in touch with loved ones, and why?
- What’s the meaning of life?
Have fun anyone who chooses to do this! If you’re on my list it means I’m into you and your blog… thanks for brightening my days ❤