I hate sharing food and sometimes my time, but I’m kind when it comes to spreading the blog love. I know, I’m just so giving.
Hope you enjoy!
- Camelia Ophelia – My beautiful and highly talented colleague, and also one of my best friends, has a fashion blog now and I’m so excited about it. Nobody I know can put an outfit together like this girl. It’s great to have her in my life and next to me on a day-to-day basis because, even though I mostly channel bag lady/the MGM cowardly lion chic, I love fashion too and she inspires me to try new things.
Stand out post: I adore them all but I love having a peak into people’s lives so I loved Tatty’s Burns Night post. Just too cool for school and chic to boot.
Read for: Clever outfit ideas from the high street with an injection of luxe. To die for!
Love you girl!
- A Stitch to Scratch – Hayley Margaret, author of this fabulous blog is, like, the loveliest person on the planet. She’s also really good at creating things which is very cool and inspiring, because I am shit. I love talking all things books, films and random with HM, even though I could be better about swinging by other blogs. Check her out for some new ideas and some definite lols.
Stand out post: I love these amazing Snowglobe Jars. I want to try them badly!
Read for: Funny everyday stories that make you think this girl would be just the girl to go for a drink with. Also, I love the Harry Potter Moment of the Week series (even though I’m not strictly a Potter-head), very cute.
- Fannie Frankfurter – I love this blog. It’s just exactly the kind of writing I admire, retrospective sometimes, which I appreciate, sometimes a little dark (in the cool, occult/graveyard/Charles Manson kind of way) and it’s honest. It’s the kind of writing I aspire to as well, which sounds a little fan girl of me, but meh, I don’t care. I’m too old to pretend I’m cool about things. I’ll be your follower for life, Fannie Frankfurter.
- Why Do Tomorrow – This is a brand new (brilliant) blog by my friend Jamie. It only has one post on it so far, but since it’s about kicking against that old chestnut procrastination, I’m hoping he gets round to being a regular poster. Really nice writing style, which doesn’t surprise me at all, clever bugger!
Stand out post: Can’t we all identify with our old foe, procrastination?
Read for: Honest and funny posts, like this one about procrastination. The more you write the word procrastination the weirder it looks, FYI.
More please, J!
- Jesse&Me – I was lucky enough to meet Claudia Rose through my brother and his beautiful wife at their Whitstable wedding in December. She’s a joy to be around and also one of the most talented people I have ever met. Y’all really need to check out her photography. I love this blog because it gives me a snapshot into Claudia’s life and talks about things I dig. As well as being mum to gorgeous Jesse, she is also a step mum like me. It’s invaluable to have someone in my life who knows the score on that. Can’t wait to see you again, Claud!
- The Pink Panther Snipes Again – By no means the last on my list, my new film buddy, Jillian. We bonded over a mutual love of frankly shocking B-movies and have since been collaborating on weekly film reviews. I curse the ocean that divides us and keep us from sharing popcorn in real-time, but it is ever so nice to have someone with such exquisite celluloid tastes to talk to. I’m excited to see where Jillian & Christa’s Great Blog Collab 2015 takes us next. You’re the best, Jill.
Stand out post: Um, anything that involves Melissa Joan Hart AKA Sabrina the Teenage Witch, obvs. Here and here.
Read for: Wonderfully snarky film reviews. The latest made me chuckle out loud, so much better than mine (she says bitterly).
So that’s a round-up of my current faves. I hope you’ll check each other and them out. The world is a better place when you can share it with others (and not even leave your flat), don’t you think?
*New to me, not necessarily new on the scene.
All images via Google.