May looks set to be a very packed month round these parts. I’ve already chalked off my first social engagements (which went swimmingly) and can now start looking forward to the arrival of a very special guest indeed.
Clue: it’s not the Queen of England. It’s waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more exciting than that!
I’m thinking you’ll get a lot of social media updates about the penultimate week in May when Jillian and I are finally together so maybe we’ll get creative on that front and wow you with something different. Or maybe we’ll just eat lots, go and see lots, and watch lots. That’s more likely tbh.
I can’t say much other than I’m really starting to get excited about the whole visit. Although, not so excited about the extensive Spring cleaning I will have to do before our home is fit for guests (You’re worth it Jill).
I’d also like to take a moment in this post to lay down my pledge for the next few upcoming months (if it’s in writing I have to do it right?):
From the 1st of June to the 31st July 2016 I, Christa Bass, will not shop
Since that is rather a bold statement, I will elaborate below.
During the month of June and July 2016:
- I cannot buy: shoes, clothing, accessories or books
- I may only buy essentials which include: my base make-up items, shampoo/conditioner, moisturiser and nail polish remover*
- I can buy gifts for other people but only if required/authorised by my credit card holder (which will be Glynn, who I have chosen as he’s closest)
- I will remove my credit card details from all my most visited shopping sites which is pretty much just ASOS
- I will use put money I would ordinarily spend onto my credit card and then into our savings account
- I am allowed to have my hair and nails done because that comes out of the well-being budget (LOL, loopholes!)
- Instead of spending money during these months, I will read books from my To Read pile, blog and go to the gym at least 3 times a week
Now I don’t think any of you realise what a profound effect this will have on my day-to-day life as I am such a prolific shopper. Like, I have a very real addiction and I want to try to shake it. I shop alllllll the time and have a package delivered to work nearly every day (if not multiple packages).
I send back a lot of things which is great practice but I do get a big kick out of the initial purchase and receiving of items, which makes me think I need to find another outlet. I don’t know what that outlet is but I’m going to try and find out. I’m hoping it will be working out (for the endorphins not weight loss, yo) and blogging more.
So there you are. An exciting month coming up, with two months of sensible behaviour to follow. I think that’s a good balance.
Until then, my friends, it’s business as usual on the blog and in my life. We’ve had some sad news on G’s side of the family which means we’ll be travelling up north in the next week or so but apart from that, same old.
What are you most looking forward to in May/the Summer? ❤
*Includes female products, cotton wool, etc of course but who wants to list every little thing?